Anthony W. Nunnally, Esquire
Senior Associate Attorney
Anthony began working for the McDermott Law Firm in 2016 while attending law school at Stetson University College of Law. After graduation he left the firm to gain some valued courtroom and litigation experience.
With a platform of valuable experience, Anthony rejoined McDermott Law Firm, P.A. and is already a great asset to our firm and our clients.
- 2018 Degree of Law (J.D.) from Stetson University College of Law
- 2013 Bachelors in Criminology from the University of South Florida
- 2017 Stetson University College of Law Spring Break Study Abroad Havana, Cuba
- 2021 -Present: McDermott Law Firm: Senior Associate: Mr. Nunnally jumped right into handling cases for clients at the firm and has been successful in pre-trial motion practice and research resulting in reductions in charges that clients were facing. Admitted to practice in all Florida State Courts and the United States District Court, Middle District of Tampa.
- 2021: Smith Thompson Law: Associate Attorney: Represented hundreds of homeowners against their insurance companies for wrongfully denied claims or undervalued claims. He was typically able to recover the full amount necessary to repair the home and attorneys’ fees, at no cost to the clients.
- 2018 – 2021: Public Defender’s Office, Sixth Judicial Circuit (Pinellas): Assistant Public Defender: Worked on thousands of cases as an Assistant Public Defender. During his tenure at the PD’s office Mr. Nunnally worked in County Court representing a high volume of clients in their misdemeanor cases, anchored the Domestic Violence Division, worked on Juvenile Delinquency cases, and complex felony cases.
- 2018: State Attorney’s Office, Sixth Judicial Circuit (Pinellas): Certified Legal Intern: Participated in a clinic where law students, under supervision of a licensed attorney, prosecute cases. He actively defended against motions to dismiss, participated in multiple trials (jury and non-jury).
- 2017: Public Defender’s Office, Sixth Judicial Circuit (Pinellas): Certified Legal Intern: Participated in a clinic where law students, under the supervision of a licensed attorney, represent clients who cannot afford an attorney.
- 2017: Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Chief Counsel: Intern: Researched and drafted Motions for Summary Judgment on behalf of the Department. Researched responses to tort claims that arose from different VA Hospitals throughout the State.
- 2016 – 2017: McDermott Law Firm: Law Clerk: Researched and drafted numerous successful motions to suppress and dismiss. Researched and worked on motions for post-conviction relief on complex issues where Juvenile defendants were sentenced to life without parole.
Recognition and Organizations:
- Alumni Advisor for the Kappa Delta Chapter of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity at the University of South Florida
- Member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Member of the Clearwater Bar Association
- Member of the Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Member of the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Member of the Florida Bar
- 2018 Recipient of the Marc L. Levine Award from Stetson University College of Law
- 2023 President of the Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Krewe of the Knights of Sant’ Yago